Back on the Street Again – Australian funk, soul & psych – 2xLP
Back on the Street Again – Australian funk, soul & psych (mostly) from the Festival Vaults is a masterpiece 2LP release that brings into focus rare Australian / Antipodean rock, jazz and soul influences from the Festival Infinity label.
We are especially excited to present this album to you because My Vinyl Revolution’s Pete Pasqual selected the tracks from the famous Festival Infinity record label, now owned and managed by Warner Australia. MVR’s Erica Olson also designed and illustrated the inner and outer gatefold cover, in collaboration with Warner.
Various well known and heavyweight artists on this compilation include Billy Thorpe (responsible for the album name with his title track), Renee Geyer and John Sangster.
Much of the social feedback we have had for this album relates to people knowing a couple of the tracks, but using the rarities to delve into other unknown genres with surprise and delight. Australia is funky and Back on the Street Again proves it’s heritage once and for all!
- Billy Thorpe – Back On The Street Again
- The ID – Feel Awright
- Ross D Wyllie – Do The Uptight
- Johnny Rocco Band – Funky Max
- Daly-Wilson Big Band (Featuring Kerrie Biddell) – City Sounds
- Dalvanius And The Fascinations -Voodoo Lady
- Renee Geyer – Be There In The Morning
- John Sangster – Hair
- Ray White Revival – Superstition
- Festival Studio 24 Orchestra – Africa (L